GUNPLA Builders World Cup 2018
It's that time of year again, GunPla enthusiasts. Get your nippers and airbrushes ready because the 2018 Gunpla Builders World Cup is upon us!
2018 GBWC Convention List and Deadline Dates
Anime Central (May 18th to 20th): May 12 online deadline
- ACEN Times: Drop off from May 18th Show Open to May 19th 1pm, Awards Ceremony May 19th at 3pm
Fanime (May 25th to 28th): May 20 online deadline
- Fanime Times: Drop off from May 25th Show Open to May 27th 1pm, Awards Ceremony May 27th at 3pm
A-Kon (June 7th to 10th): June 1 online deadline
- A-KON Times: Drop off from June 8th to June 10th 11 am, Awards Ceremony June 10th at 12 Noon at the Bluefin Panel!
Anime Expo (July 5th to 7th): July 1 online deadline
- AX Times: Drop off from Jul 5th to June 7th 11:30 am, Awards Ceremony July 7th at 1:30pm at the Gundam Booth in exhibitor's hall!
Otakon (August 10th to 11th): Aug 5 online deadline
- Otakon Times: Drop off from Aug 10 (anytime) to Aug 11 1:00pm, Awards Ceremony Aug 11 at 2:30pm at the Bluefin Booth IND204 in exhibitor's hall!
Anime NYC(November 16th to 17th): Nov 10 online deadline
- Anime NYC Times: Dropp off from November 16th at 1pm to November 17th at 12 noon, Awards ceremony at the Bluefin Panel at 4:45pm on November 17th.
NOTE: Please have your passport/Visa prepared in advance because the U.S. representative will be chosen in November 2018 to fly out to the Finals in early December 2018!
This year in addition to the Best in Show category 4 other categories will be part of the U.S. competition.
- Best UC Century Model (UC Century is anything from the original Mobile Suit Gundam and including series like Unicorn Gundam and ZZ Gundam)
- Best Alternate Universe (Non UC Century) Model Kit - A Model from any other series such as G Gundam, Wing Gundam or Iron Blooded Orphans.
- Best SD (Super Deformed) Model Kit (SD Parts only, no HG, MG parts or other non SD parts)
- Best Factory Finish Model Kit
- The Factory Finish category is designed to feature the model's appearance prior to any battles, having the appearance of it being fresh off the assembly line in-universe, so no modifications or custom decals. Only the source material color scheme is allowed. No weathering.
Check out the rules here