Defective or Damaged Items Policy
Not all purchases are going to be perfect. As hard as we try, things may not always arrive as expected. Please acknowledge that Box condition is sold as is. We ship our products mint unless stated in the description. We do not offer exchange, discounts, or refund for dents and creases caused during shipping transit. If you are concerned with box condition, please email us. Bluefin does not accept returns or cancellations on orders.
Damaged and Defective Items
Any defective item or item damaged in transit goes through the standard Bluefin exchange process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues with damaged items.
The following issues do not qualify as a defective product:
- Minor cosmetic paint issues
- Package condition
Refused and Undeliverable Shipments
A refused shipment will be treated as a return and any return costs will be deducted from the refund.
If a shipment is returned to us as undeliverable due to an error on your part (such as incorrect address or not home), we will contact you to reship the package; any return and re-shipping costs are due before the package is reshipped. Re-shipments for domestic customers may not be eligible for Flat Rate Shipping.
International customers will be responsible for any additional fees, duties, or taxes for refused or undeliverable shipments. If customs disposes of your shipment for any reason, no refunds will be issued for product or shipping.
Bluefin is able to provide replacement services for Bandai Tamashii Nations, Bandai Shokugan, Sentinel Toy, Comicave Studios for North America. Please be advised that part replacement for Gundam model kits and other products from Bandai Hobby are limited to a U.S. mailing addresses only.
Item Replacement Policy for North America
Replacement services may be provided for the following circumstances:
- Defects-missing components from package, duplicate components, item broken-in-package
- Wrong paint colors (e.g. blue instead of red)
- Broken / Lost / Defective model kit components (maximum of 6 parts per model kit purchase)
Please note that we are unable to replace action figures that have color or tone inconsistencies or paint misapplication smaller than 5mm as these are variances within the production process.
If it has been less than 60 days from the invoice/receipt date or if you purchased the product directly from Bluefin at a convention and have the Bluefin sales receipt, send an email to the address on the warning label of the product package. Include the following information:
- Description of the problem or defect your item including photos (for Gundam model kits please also list parts affected, e.g. A-5, C-13)
- Pictures of the box including the side with the Bluefin warning label, as well as the UPC code. We cannot accept any replacement requests for products without the Bluefin warning label (Comicave Studios products currently do not need this requirement).
- Copy of the invoice/receipt
- Your contact information, including first and last name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
Please be sure to include all required information as missing information will severely delay your replacement request.
Replacement Request Processing
After verifying your information, your replacement request will be forwarded to our manufacturing partners. It may take up 10 weeks for your replacement to be mailed.
Please be aware that there may be some instances where products or parts no longer have replacements available. Model kit part replacements follow the reproduction schedule of the corresponding model kit and may take up to 6 months to replace if the model has not been recently reproduced.